Many successful people come to a stage where they feel tired, unmotivated and missing that energy that made them successful in the first place. Sometimes it is a result of a specific incident, more often it shows up out of the blue – the combination of a thousand small moments that weren’t quite what our inner being truly desired!
- Do your work differently. Look at it as if you have never done this task before and ask yourself how else could you do this to create a greater possibility?
- Start in the middle of a project instead of the beginning and see where it leads. (Sometimes the unplanned leads to the greater possibility!!)
- Re-energise by having fun in your 10 minute breaks. If you can’t remember what is fun for you, the first thing to do is make a list of possibilities… add at least 3 things in each break until you have 50 ways to enjoy yourself in the moment. (Hint: more work should not be on the list!)
- Pretend you are six and see what you are doing as a six year old would – what could be different?
- Be or do something unexpected every day, so that the people around you get to see another side of you. It keep’s them on their toes (and keeps you entertained!)
- Stop meeting people’s expectations unless it is joyful for you to make this contribution.
- See everything as an interesting point of view (rather than buying people’s ideas as facts) and look at what YOU would like to choose.
- Ask the universe to show you catalysts for creating your work anew.
- Talk to people in different industries that inspire you.
- Be you! So often we lose our mojo when we are busy being everything to everyone. When you start to choose for you the magic can show up more often!
Having been through burnout a couple too many times, I am an expert in helping people get their mojo back…the ideas above represent some options on the practical side. Each person is different, do whichever ones jump out at you. Have fun…